Tuesday 6 September 2011

Angels & Gypsies

I've been living in Camberwell for nearly a year & had been trying to get to a tapas restaurant the whole time called Angels & Gypsies http://www.churchstreethotel.com/restaurant.asp , which I had heard was excellent, so on my last day in Camberwell (now in Kilburn) I decided to treat myself & go. It was a fairly quiet Saturday lunch time so I popped over to the Hermits Cave pub, had a Campari & soda then went back & got a table by the window.

Squidalicious

The whole menu sounded fantastic but because I was by myself I had to order sensibly & went for the "Calamari Romana style with orange alioli" given to me as a sort of starter. T'was delicious! The squid was tender, the coating was crispy & the orange alioli garlicy & tangy. One of the tastiest squids going.

This was followed by "Organic slow roast pork belly with clementines, rum plum jam & green apple salad" with a side of "Spinach with chilli & garlic". The pork was amazingly tender, a lovely crispy crackling top & the green apple salad with the rum plum jam was mind blowing! A beautiful plate of food. My side of spinach was very tasty with a little heat coming from the chilli, it complemented the pork very well & I felt full but not stuffed. Room for dessert!

Rum plum jam & green apple salad
MMMMhhhhhh
I'm a big fan of Creme Caramel so that's what I went for. It was perfect, very light & the caramel had a lovely orange taste to it. Delicious for a hot day.

There was so many other things on the menu that sounded amazing like the "Welsh mountain Lamb cutlets rubbed with lavender & rosemary" & the "Watermelon, Manchego rocket & caper salad" which sounded particularly "Muy Bien" to me.

The service was great, I had a lovely light red wine & the bill was very reasonable.  Angels & Gypsies is definitely an amazing tapas restaurant & if you're not familiar with Camberwell then
  you need to do so & go for some knockout tapas!

No comments:

Post a Comment