Thursday 25 August 2011

Bocca Di Lupo & Gelupo

Zucchini Flowers
The other friday I wasn't feeling to hot & had an amazing hunger for Italian food for lunch. I tend not to eat much Italian out because I love eating my dad's cooking but I needed some sort of pasta. So I phoned up my friend Will from Bristol who happens to be working in London for a month & told him to meet me at Bocca Di Lupo on Archer street. They cook across Italy's twenty regions, so there's some amazing dishes & they do small or large plates so ideal for sharing. There is a desert from my dads region, Abruzzo, called Sanguinaccio which is a pigs blood dessert mixed with chocolate. Pretty delicious, like an intense Nutella served with bread.

Anyway, back to lunch! We sat at the bar which is great fun getting to watch the chefs in action & ordered a starter to share of "Courgette flowers with mozzarella & anchovy"! It was delicious, the batter slightly greasy & crispy but in a good way & a lovely taste of the saltiness from the anchovy. Very tasty indeed.

More rabbit then Sainsbury's
We then ordered mains from A the one dish lunch menu. I ordered "Bucatini al coniglio all'Ischitana" (which translates as Rabbit braised with chilli & tamato; bucatini in the sauce thereof) which is from Ischia & Will ordered "Grilled home made spicy Italian sausages with soft golden polenta & grilled Treviso" (no translation) from Veneto.

My main was a knockout. A really lovely bit of rabbit with bucatini, which is a thick spaghetti like pasta with a hole running through the center, lovely spicy tomato sauce with parsley sprinkled on top & a dried chilli on the side. Will had food envy even though his sausage & polenta was equally delicious.
                                                                                           

Phenomenale
Rather then have dessert at Bocca Di Lupo I popped over to Gelupo, I've mentioned them before & had a espresso, they do a great espresso with a watermelon & clementine sorbet! I'm not joking when I say this but there ice cream really is phenomenal! I've had so much ice cream since a baby & Gelupo wows me every time. Goooooo there.

No comments:

Post a Comment