Wednesday 3 August 2011

Herman Ze German

Ze Sausage
Whilst Coiffing a few glasses of wine with my old friend Si at Gordon's Wine bar I was Filled with a sudden hunger for some sort of dirty food! Si knew a place just up the road that specializes in Bratwurst sausages called Herman Ze German, http://www.herman-ze-german.co.uk/. He's been talking about it for a while so I was quite interested & very hungry.

When we got there I wasn't sure what to have mainly because there were 4 types of sausage -  Bratwurst, Chilli beef, Bockwurst & Flat Sausage which you can have them in a roll with sauerkraut & all the sauces or you could have the sausage shredded with curry sauce on top with frites! This is called Currywurst. I've read about this recently & how it's been massively popular in Germany. So that's what I ordered. To be precise I had a chilli beef Currywurst with Frites & I kindly asked for a little bit of sauerkraut on top.


Chips
It was absolutely delicious. The curry sauce tastes very different to the usual curry sauce you get at the chip shop, a little bit more spicy, the sausage was quite tender & the frites were crispy & delicious. Also it was under £5 & I felt pretty stuffed as well as a bit dirty. Well worth a try & much better then most fast food joints.

No comments:

Post a Comment